Penn-Mar Oil Company has a long tradition of providing quality service to customers. Leslie K. McKenzie started serving customers throughout Franklin County in 1936 with a single truck using five-gallon cans. Soon, his two sons, Arnold and Marvin, joined in and L.K. McKenzie & Sons Inc. was formed.
The company was expanded to serve customers throughout Franklin, Cumberland, and Washington counties with heating oil, diesel fuel, gasoline, and motor oil. Two of McKenzie’s grandchildren, Thomas and Regina, joined the company in the 1970s. Over the next two decades, L.K. McKenzie & Sons acquired Penn-Mar Oil Company, Peiffer’s Heating Oil, Diller Oil Company, and Bock Oil Co., and changed the company name to Penn-Mar Oil Company. Penn-Mar is now owned and operated by Thomas and Regina McKenzie and serves its customers from company headquarters in Waynesboro, PA.
From our humble beginnings with one truck and a hand bucket nearly 80 years ago to our current state-of-the-art fleet delivering millions of gallons of fuel every year, one thing has not changed—our family commitment to top-quality service for our customers.